Responsible for implementing, administering, monitoring and troubleshooting cloud and datacenter infrastructure systems. Ability to demonstrate expertise in Windows, AWS and datacenter management, performance optimization, security best practices and continuous maintenance practices for critical systems. Ability to work closely with other team members, software & hardware vendors and end-users to collaboratively design technical solutions that meet the business needs. Take ownership of various infrastructure platforms that include: SAN\storage management, virtualization architecture, disaster recovery systems architecture, patch management and backup and recovery.
Duties and Responsibilities:
System admin working on technical roadmap for the AWS Cloud, Windows and VMware environments. Perform daily tasks to monitor, maintain, and backup all enterprise Windows, SQL Database servers. Plan, Build, Implement and maintain the AWS Cloud, Windows, VMware server infrastructure to include support over the weekend as and when required. Analyze system performance and suggest/implement tuning as needed Patch Windows, VMware server environments, both software and firmware, on scheduled basis as well as urgent security releases. Document and improve upon processes, procedures, and implement best practices to align with industry standards. Exhibit professional behaviour at all times, work and promote we are “One Team” across the organization, making every interaction Helpful, Easy and Personal.
Bachelor degree in a relevant field (or equivalent work experience) 6-7 years of Experience.
Very high degree of initiative, strong work-ethic, creativity, motivation, and accountability
2+ years experience with Windows Server technologies to include AWS Cloud, Active Directory, DHCP administration with in-depth, hands-on experience in an enterprise class server environment
4 years experience with server level virtualisation technologies.
Strong oral and written communication skills An understanding of scalable and highly available architectures
Additional Qualifications a Plus:
MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert)
AWS Certified (SysOps, Architect)
1. System Administrators are responsible for day to day operations support for Datacenter Windows Servers.
2. Maintain AD Servers, experience in multi region, AD trusts.
3. Primary management of corporate Server infrastructure
4. Monitor & Manage Server Resources and ensure the effective running and smooth functioning of Applications and escalate abnormal usage and resolve the same.
5. Perform Troubleshooting & Diagnose of Servers and Storage
6. Configure of Microsoft AD with DNS, DHCP, User Creation and Group policy
7. Maintain Backup Servers.
8. Make changes in Server after getting due authorisation thru Change Control Management
9. Co-ordinate with vendors for issues with storage and Server
10. Experience with Windows Patch management applications/tools.
11. Provide support to internal support teams.
12. Document Servers Infrastructure and configuration changes and diagrams
13. Co-ordinate with vendor to close the issues related to Server access
14. Implement and administer Server hardware and Operating Systems
15. Ensure Server Security as per policy.
16. Apply Patches, Updates on Servers as per Security requirements.
17. Provide L1 support to System Engineers.
18 Fundamental networking knowledge IP, routing etc.
19 Powershell scripting is a must.
20 Experience in SAML is a plus.
Experience designing and building environments on AWS, which includes working with services like VPC, EC2, ELB, RDS, and S3
Experience in Terraform, GIT, Bitbucket is a Plus.