The Software Development Engineer in Test assists in building and executing automated tests for the Company's software products. The SDET will build testing tools to enable automated testing of the TraceLink platform and application.
Execute tests on the TraceLink platform and application;
- Extend and maintain automation frameworks;
- Prepare and present clear reports on defect findings that allow developers to quickly and accurately reproduce
problems and allow the Quality Engineering team to verify that fixes are complete;
- Verify defect fixes;
- Build tooling for automated testing of the TraceLink platform and application;
- Programmatically interface testing tools with the TraceLink platform and application;
- Create testing tools that can be configured and used by non-developers and can simulate real-world transaction
volumes involving potentially millions of transactions per day;
- Provide high-level analysis to apply appropriate technologies and architecture to solve conceptual problems;
- Research and remain informed of new technology and tools, and how such technologies could be applied at
- Work closely with engineers building the core TraceLink product to ensure that testability concerns are factored into
the design of the product.
Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in computer science, software engineering, mechanical engineering, or
- 3 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate experience in a test automation engineering role involving programmatic
interaction with a system under test.
- 3 years of experience utilizing Java, Eclipse, Ant or Maven, Unix, and an automated unit test framework, such as
- 3 years of experience developing against web-services and Web-based APIs;
- 3 years of experience developing and executing formal test plans, data sets, and test configurations for assigned
feature areas; and
- 3 years of experience testing web-based enterprise-class business applications.